Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tantrums

Jacob has been having a few tantrums lately. When he doesn't get what he wants, he falls apart. Last week, Jacob and I had a serious talk about his behavior. We talked about how sometimes we don't always get what we want. Sometimes the answer is no. Sometimes life isn't fair. He seemed to understand and told me he would try and do better. Since our talk, every time I could sense a tantrum coming on, I reminded him about our discussion and tried to get him to settle down. This hasn't always worked, but it has helped some.

I couldn't resist a few pictures of Jacob's most recent tantrum. Poor guy. It probably didn't help that his mother was snapping pics..... :)




And Eric couldn't resist sticking his face into one of the pictures.....he is a teenager after all. And it's always funny when it's not YOU throwing the tantrum. (Oh, and he got his braces off....what a good looking kid, even if he is making life worse for his little brother).




A few days ago, I got this letter from Jacob. Keep in mind he's in 1st grade and this is exactly how it was written....punctuation and spelling, even spaces.


"momy I am sory for thowing a tandshroum and I like appls and I like bunanus I hop I dont get in chrubl. I hop you have a grat wekend
frum Jacob"

Awww, it melted my little heart. What a sweetie! I'm so proud of him. And while I don't think the tantrums are completely over for my little Jacob, I think we're making progress.

This is the way I like to see him.....what a cute smile!



Today he gave a talk in primary on missionaries. It was sweet. Here is a little bit from his latest letter to me after his talk. (He wrote it during sac. meeting)....


"We can bey mishanerezz rit now I can bey a gud mishanre I now that jesis love's me sow mch..."


I just can't get enough of it. Tantrum or no tantrum, I just love this little guy!

2 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

How sweet! I love receiving love notes from my kids.

Perhaps you should find a pic of Eric throwing a tantrum when he was little and show it to your youngest. :) That might even the score a little bit.

Still praying for Todd's full recovery. {{{hugs}}}

Shauna said...

Haha. Ahh, tantrums and the joys of motherhood! :) He's so cute.