Brandon has been playing the flute for a few years now and suddenly during the summer, he decided he wanted to learn to play the Alto Saxophone. He'd never picked one up before, but for some reason it looked fun to him. So his jr. high band teacher let him borrow one of his saxophones for the summer. Brandon immediately started practicing. We could hear him belting out the notes throughout the house at random times during the day. He was so excited. Then one day, we found out that someone in our ward was selling her alto sax. We immediately called and made a deal. And Brandon became the proud owner of his very own Alto Saxophone.
It's been a few months now and can I just say that this instrument is quite LOUD? We can hear it upstairs when Brandon is in his room downstairs. But it sounds so awesome and he loves it. He's become quite the little jazz player. And it's pretty much been all self-taught. Brandon also loves jazz music. He has a jazz CD that he frequently plays in the kitchen. Personally I've never been one to listen to jazz music, but it's so fun to see him "love" it. He listens intently and wants me to listen as well. He reminds us all about his upcoming concerts and even made me schedule his orthodontic appt to get his bottom braces on AFTER his November concert. "Because, Mom, it might mess me up." :)
Here he is with a friend of his and their twinner saxes.
And here they are trying to sneak up on Eric and then playing it loud right behind him while he's trying to watch TV. Eric didn't even see it coming.....it was pretty funny. And then Eric just tried to ignore them. Typical teenage behavior.....
Here are a few pics of Todd showing Brandon how to tie his tie. I love this ritual and I don't think it will ever get old as I watch each young man in my family learn this great skill. They are growing up so fast. I can't hold onto their childhood like I want to....
Brandon is totally "skilled." Apparently that's the new word these days....he and his friends use it all the time to describe themselves. (so funny). We love you Brandon!
No comments:
Post a Comment