Saturday, September 29, 2012

Our New Pet

We got a new pet recently....can you guess what it is?  Here's a hint...(it's not the dog).
 
 


But, Ziggy can't stand it that we have a new pet.  He really wants to "meet" this new little guy!  And by "meet," I mean, "destroy."  :)
 

 
"Please, Mom, I'll be good, I promise."



Uh, huh.....I see how it is (and how it would be if I let the pet out).  Ziggy is not to be trusted!
 




Introducing Jenny, our new hamster.  Yes, it's a girl!  Imagine that!  And she's a fiesty little animal.  I think she could take Ziggy down quite well and show him who's boss....if we let her (which we won't)....
 
 
Jenny is a cute little thing, but she is NOISY at night.  She runs in that wheel like she's being chased by something fierce!  She wakes me up most nights and I have to go into Kyle's room and take her wheel out.  Why can't she be like that during the day?  It's because she's "nocturnal, Mom."  Oh, gotcha!
 
One night when I took the wheel out, she chewed through one of the plastic plugs at the top of her cage.....and ESCAPED!  She was not in her cage the following morning.  We finally found her tucked between the wall and the dresser in the back corner of the room.  She looked quite comfy there.  Todd duct taped over the hole, so she couldn't push it up.  Still, if I take the wheel out, now I always put a book on top of the hole she chewed through, just to be extra safe.
 



Welcome to our home, Jenny!  You are a lucky little hamster!  :)

1 comment:

Valerie Chandler said...

This is a super cute post, Melissa. I have enjoyed your recent updates. You have such a nice family.