Happy 8th birthday to Jacob (on July 9th)! How can my "baby" be 8 years old? (Don't answer that)....
The week before Jacob's birthday, he and I were shopping at Target for a couple of things. When we walked through the boys' clothing section of the store, Jacob spotted a pair of bright blue pants (levi's) that he immediately started begging for...."Oh pleeeeaaaasse Mom, can I have these pants? Pleeease? Puleease?" To which I responded, while laughing, "We already have your birthday present, remember?" I had never seen any of my children beg for a piece of clothing like Jacob did that day. He is extremely fashion savvy and he knows what he wants when he sees it. I told him that we could wait and see if they go on sale, and that if they did, we could maybe get them for school. That barely satisfied him...
Being the softy that I am, I decided to get them and surprise him for his birthday. Here is his reaction....look at that face! That is a face that says, "Oh my heck! No, you didn't! You did? You got me the pants?" And there was screaming....quite a bit of screaming. It was so funny!
"Can I put them on right now?!" (I've just got to say here that I can NOT get my kids to try on new clothes when I bring them home....it is just not their favorite thing to do. Jacob, on the other hand, literally begs to wear his "new" stuff the minute he gets it....the minute I walk through the door). So funny to watch!
We had a family party with a big cake and lots of cousins. It was a great day!
Caleb and Jacob
More of the cousins.....
Look at Joshua in this picture....what a funny kid! (And Brad, might I just say that you're looking forward to that piece of cake).... :)
Incase you missed it, here's a close-up of Joshie. Love that! :)
Sweet Moriah! Yummmm
Alexis, always willing to have her picture taken (unlike some people I know)...
Jacob, you are getting so big...and so handsome, I might add!
Moriah and Dallin
Jacob is usually ready to pose for the camera as well....way to go!
Grandma and Grandpa Johnson with the birthday boy. What a sweet picture!
Happy Birthday Jacob! We love you so much!
2 comments:
Those are some BLUE pants! Funny what kids want sometimes.
Jacob has great taste in clothes! Happy Birthday Jacob!
Post a Comment