Monday, March 19, 2012

Eric and The Melodrama

Eric was in another play in January.  It was a melodrama called "Stop the Presses! OR: She's Not My Type!"  I'm not sure I could really explain what it was about, even the title was confusing.....I went to all three performances, but I still wasn't quite clear with the storyline.  I do know that Eric was the sheriff and his name was Jack Newsworthy....And he was AWESOME!  So who cares what the play was about, right?  I did all the proper gushing and praising that only a mother can do and I loved every minute of it!

Eric has very good facial expressions when he acts.....he's definitely got the "drama" in melodrama!   (Not sure where he got that from).  Here he is in the beginning of the play....what a cute sheriff!


The play was something about the Colorado Clarion, the local newspaper in Colorado, and The Four Corners in the US.....I'm sure you're getting the idea (NOT)....sorry.


Eric and his girlfriend, Aspen Print (aka Rachel Colby) in the play.  She was very good as well and they were so fun to watch.


The guy on the left was the bad guy named Sleazy Tab Lloyd (aka James Steur)....I can't remember exactly what he did. (I think he wrote some false newspaper articles.....yeah, we'll say that).  Eric had to arrest him in the end and of course, he saved the day.


Some random picture....


More of the group.  There were only 15 people in the whole play.  That guy in the hat on the left (who looks like a girl) played Granny Print (aka Walker Fritz)  and he/she was hilarious!  One of my favorite characters.....



This is a good shot of most everyone.  Do you see all that stuff on the floor in this picture?  It looks like sawdust, but if you look closer, you'll see that it is actually smashed cheerios.  Apparently this is a tradition at Cottonwood for all Melodramas.  The audience gets to throw cheerios at the actors (right in their faces, too)....It was funny, but wow, did it make a mess!  I also was covered in "cheerios" dust because I was on the front row each time, and some of those little buggers landed in my hair and in my lap.  Still fun though!


At the end, Eric proposed to his girlfriend....


....And they even shared a little kiss!  (walk away from my son, and no one will get hurt!)  :)


Eric did a fabulous job!  He really has some acting talent and it's so fun to watch him (I'm not prejudiced either).  Way to go son!  You were the best sheriff I've ever seen!  Good job!!

1 comment:

Jana said...

He is such a cutie! You are a lucky mom to have five cutie's!!!