Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kyle turns 10!


Kyle turned 10 years old on November 19th.  He wanted a pokemon party, since he's pretty much obsessed with them, so I obliged....I surprised him with an "Ash" hat (from pokemon).  He was so excited....




I made paper pokeballs with a pouch.  (say that fast 10 times....)  The kids colored little pokemon creatures and stuck them inside.  They turned out really cute! (if I do say so myself).


We put them on a string, so they could wear them like a badge.  I also made styrofoam pokeballs.  I found the balls at the dollar store (6 in a pack) and colored the top half with red marker.  Added a black line in the middle and punched out a white circle....and voila!  Cherished pokeballs from heaven.  Kyle loved them!


We colored foam bookmarks......
 

We played the game, "strike the pokemon."  I printed copies of the same pokemon creature onto green cardstock and taped them onto wide popsicle sticks, then stuck them to our air hockey table.  The kids threw  beanbags to try and knock them down.  It was actually really fun (and inexpensive).....



Then we played "pass the pokemon."  It was similar to hot potato, but we passed a stuffed pokemon instead.  We played music while they passed it to each other....once the music stopped, whoever was holding it was out.  We could have played this game for quite a while. Simple, but exciting! 


We opened presents, and smiled a lot!  :)  I have never seen Kyle smile so much in one day.  Yippee!  


We sang Happy Birthday, and had cake and ice cream.  It was a really fun party.



Happy Birthday Kyle!  We are so happy you are a part of our family.  You were born in three hours, start to finish....and you've been busy ever since!  We love you son!

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Wow, so fun! And you are completely amazing to throw such a great party!

I prefer to say, "Paper pouchy pokeballs," though.