Monday, September 28, 2009

Mean Bird

We have a new visitor at our house. Todd thinks it's a Parakeet. We have this little bird house in our tree. It seems that every Spring we have little Sparrows that live inside.



This year, a loud, white, obnoxious bird showed up and took over the house. For several days, we noticed the twigs and leaves scattered on the ground beneath the bird house. This bird had taken all the existing "stuffing" and apparently kicked out the other birds. Jacob calls him "mean bird." I don't think it's because he saw what the bird did, I think it's because of the really loud squawk it makes, which seems to scare Jacob. (It actually is quite loud and annoying).....

This bird thinks he owns our tree. I don't see any other birds anymore. (Although that could just be an oversight on my part).....But still.....

We're wondering if the bird really belongs to someone and just escaped. We tried to feed it crackers....."Polly, want a cracker?" Apparently that's not its name. It wouldn't come. We even put our finger out.....

I think I agree with Jacob.....it's kind-of a mean bird!

4 comments:

Jana said...

I agree ... mean bird!!!

Shauna said...

Holy cow, I think it really IS a parakeet! What craziness!

Diane said...

Is a bad animal neighbor worse than a bad people neighbor?

Kimberly said...

Maybe he will fly south for the winter.