We've been making some home improvements lately (which I'll blog about at a later date) and so I've been forced to clean out several boxes in our storage room to make room for other items. The other day I came across a gift that Todd gave me over 20 years ago. If I recall it was for Christmas the year before he left on his mission. Here is a picture of it......
Do you know what it is? Attached to the present was a typed-written poem, written by Todd himself. This is what it said.....Ode to Melissa
I was wondering what for Christmas you wanted,
My efforts to find it were firm and undaunted.
I asked your mother, I asked your pop,
I searched and hunted through every shop.
And then I remembered the story that’s told.
Since she was born her hands have been cold.
I looked at gloves and electric mittens,
Sheep-wool lined and soft as kittens;
But then I found the right one for you—
The handy dandy mitten for two.
It’s a gift that shows how much I care,
And besides it’s one that I get to share.
Merry Christmas.
P.S. The warranty stipulates that it only be worn by the giver and the givee.
Isn't that so cute? I think he found it at the BYU bookstore in 1987. I'd never seen anything like it then, and I haven't seen anything like it since. Even though we haven't used it for years, it still holds great memories for me.
This little poem came with the gift. It wasn't written by Todd. But it's cute too......
A Mitten Built For Two
Boy’s hand meets girl’s hand!
Send secret messages in finger code.
Make a friend laugh by giving
The love glove tickle.
Great for football games.
Here's the final product as it was given.

I think I'm going to keep it out and use it this winter for a few walks. Why not? Thanks, honey, for that sweet gift. I still love it!
2 comments:
wow! what a romantic guy! lucky you! That was adorable!
My bishop is a poet? Who knew?
Post a Comment